Before You Ride
What condition is your bike in? Long touring rides can be demanding, particularly in difficult weather, so it's worthwhile giving it the once over before you depart, or getting someone in the know to do it for you.
To make it easy, here's a checklist:
- Tyre pressure
- Brake operation
- Electrics - headlight, tail light, brake light and indicators
- Oil chain (if applicable)
- Engine / gearbox oil
- Cooling water (if applicable)
- Two-stroke oil (if applicable)
- Chain wear and tension
- Tyre tread depth
- Brake pads (shoes if applicable)
- Brake cable and lever
- All nuts tightened
More tips about maintaining your bike from other riders.